Wednesday, March 30, 2011

New Wednesday Wants


As you know, we finished our "Bridal trends throughout the eras" segment of Wednesday wants.  Now it is time for a new Wednesday Wants segment.  Each week, I am going to be posting images of my jewelry pieces that I would like to add into my upcoming 2012 line (Yes, designers do really design one year ahead of the time it hits the stores!).  I am going to need feedback from you the readers, on what you think!  Let me know whether it should make 'the cut' or not.  I am in my design mind all day, thus I want YOU the bride, to give me feedback!  ( Please be a little kind to me regarding the photography...all of these images are fresh off the press and shot by me, not a professional.)  I am a designer, but definitely NOT a photographer...so please keep this in mind!
Here is my first try.  These earrings are all glitzy- lotsa crystal and soft touches of pearl.  I designed them two different ways.  Not only do I need to know if they should stay, I need to know which of the two, is the best.  The two earrings are the same, except one has added length.  The top has an added crystal drop.  The "smaller" earring measures in at 2 1/4inches length.  The longer earring measures in at 2  3/4 inches length.
Ooooh, I almost forgot: I also want the readers to name the pieces for me!  Thanks alot everyone!  Until next Wednesday...


14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Meg,
Those earrings are absolutely beautiful! Although I believe both of them rock, the second one is absolutely perfect. The pure shimmer that would be felt as the earring balances below the post would be enough to transform a bride into a glowing bride. What beautiful pieces! A romantic partner to this earring could be a replica of the shorter version, but turning the bottom filigree upside down, and adding a larger top post. This would be sure to complement any vintage or modern dress with such dazzle. Although I am not a bride to be, I would certainly love to get my hands on these beautiful earrings. Such a brilliant design Meg!

-Anonymous

Anonymous said...

Meg,
I almost forgot to mention a name for these beautiful pieces. I believe that these earrings scream Angelina or Whitney!

Anonymous said...

I love the second ones

-Mia L.

Anonymous said...

Wow, what cool earrings. I would love to wear both pairs if I could. If I have to pick one, I would choose the first pair, because I love posts. Thanks for sharing.

-Angie

Anonymous said...

I agree with Angie. I love posts! I vote for the posts, but I would love to see them upside down as well.

Victoria B.

Anonymous said...

Meg, I love the longer pair. Dazzle & bling deserve to be long and shimmery. Perfect for any wedding. Beautiful!

-Ella

Anonymous said...

I love the second pair. The name should be Ashanti. What beautiful earrings.

Ashanti M.
Michigan

Anonymous said...

I vote Ashanti! What a beautiful name!

-Anonymous

Anonymous said...

Oh, gorgeous earrings. How are we supposed to pick between these two? If I had to select one pair, I would vote for the second pair. Although, I love posts, I love dangling earrings. I could wear these everywhere, as I would feel like a million dollars. Absolutely gorgeous. I love the name Anneka.

-Marge L. Illinois

Anonymous said...

Oh my! How beautiful! You have to add these to your line.

Anonymous said...

I want one of these as a pin to go in my hair. How lovely are these!

Bridget said...

Ms MEG does it again!!!! Love the second pair the length give the design freedom. Perfect for a PRINCESS or DESIREE come to mind for names!

Looking forward to next Wednesday!
Bridie's Baubles

Anonymous said...

Desiree sounds like a beautiful name for such gorgeous earrings. I love all the happy thoughts in this blog. MEG is such a wonderful designer.
-elise

Unknown said...

Agree...the second pair is the best. And Desire would be a perfect name too. They remind me of the character in "A Little Night Music" names Desire. Very glamorous.
~Kirsten